Friday, January 3, 2014

Review: Sleek Vintage Romance

Oh, hello there! I know, I'm a bad blogger and I should feel bad. But hey, I do this for my own pleasure so if I don't feel like blogging/have nothing to blog about I won't, really.

Christmas has come and gone and the loot was aplenty and I am about to share some of it with you.

Vintage Romance is the newest Sleek palette and was also released with a blush and today I will review both of them!



A romantically themed palette, which just like all other Sleek palettes is only € 9.99. We're starting off good, it's budget-proof!






The packaging is the same as all Sleek palettes, it's black and matte with shiny print.
It's a really nice mix of cool- and warm-toned shadows, ranging from neutrals to plums and burgundy type colours.




A major plus for me is that, unlike my Storm Palette, the colours in this palette have names. And REALLY cute ones too! At first glance some of the colours in this had me a bit nervous, especially the mattes with glitters. On to the swatches!


L-R: Pretty in Paris, Meet in Madrid, Court in Cannes.

Pretty in Paris is a bright, light silver. It's very metallic and brightening. Not as pigmented as I'd like, but it's a good inner corner highlight for instance.

Meed in Madrid is a medium, neutral gold. It's a very smooth colour and applies nicely. Pigmentation is good!

Court in Cannes is a warm-toned medium brown. It's very frosty, but an amazing lid or lower lashline colour, swatched lighter than it looked in the palette. Pigmentetion was again good.


L-R: Lust in LA, Romance in Rome, Propose in Prague.

Lust in LA is a frosted chocolate with a sort of orange undertone. Very smooth and blendable. Good pigmentation!

Romance in Rome is a medium purple, with a blue duo-chrome. The texture of this was very dry, which I think shows in the swatch. Pigmentation wasn't amazing, but the colour itself is pretty.

Propose in Prague is a matte, medium to dark brown with a very warm/reddish undertone. The pigmentation is good, although the formula on this is a tad dry and makes it a little tricky to blend.


L-R: A Vow in Venice, Marry in Monte Carlo, Honeymoon in Hollywood.

A Vow in Venice is a medium to dark berry colour with a slightly frosted finish. Good pigmentation and blended wonderfully.

Marry in Monte Carlo is a medium berry colour with a fuschia duochrome. Wonderful pigmentation and a very smooth and butter-like forumula.

Honeymoon in Hollywood is a deep, dark berry-wine, cool-toned, colour. In the palette you see silver glitter shot through the colour, but applied you barely see it and I expect that while wearing it, it would just fall down. Formula wise it is again a little dry which makes it a bit trickier to blend than I'd like,


L-R: Bliss in Barcelona, Forever in Florence, Love in London.

Bliss in Barcelona is a dark, cool-toned, violet-purple with a frosted finish. Pigmentation was good, not quite as smooth a shadow as some of the other frosts in the palette but still blendable.

Forever in Florence is a mostly matte, deep burgundy. It has a touch of silver sparkle, but it doesn't really show up much, which I personally don't mind. It's a touch drier than I'd like, but with some effort easy enough to blend, pigmentation wasn't AMAZING but still more than decent.

Love in London is a charcoal blackish gray with a satin finish. Good pigmentation and a soft formula.


I love the purples in this palette and I feel it's a very well rounded palette for a night out. Personally I would have liked to see a lighter matte colour as well, but Sleek wanted to go for a romantic theme and I feel like they nailed it with this. Personally I would have liked a neutral highlighter in here as well.

Pros:

  • Pricepoint (€9.99)
  • Shadows are overall very high quality.
  • Generally very easy to blend!
Cons:
  • Availability. The brand is almost exclusively found online in Holland, except a few stores spread through out the country.
  • Not enough for a full look.
  • The glittery shades pretty much lose all their glitter when applied and become satin/matte.

On to the blush!




 The packaging on this is just like a tiny version of the eyeshadow palettes, I think it's adorable. It CAN be hard to open, and did kind of ruin my manicure, but once you get a hold of how to open it, it's easy.





The blush is called Antique and is a deep reddish-brown brick colour with silver glitters. It is very pigmented, so for the fair ladies like myself: less is more! It's a beautiful colour, but it IS very glittery, so it's (for me) an evening time blush.


Conclusion: Both of these products are great and I would advise them to makeup lovers. If you love a neutral, fresh faced look, neither of these products are for you. I will try to get a look up using these products within the next few days! Don't forget to click the pictures for higher quality and bigger images!


Thank you for reading and untill next time!

XOXO

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment